Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and change the world.
~ Harriet Tubman
Strategies for Success:
The Dream Retreat Meditation on the following page will take approximately 40 minutes to listen to. To get the most out of this experience, we recommend that you:
- Find a quiet physical and mental space in which to do the meditation.
- Ensure you are in a physically comfortable position so that your mind won’t be distracted by any physical discomfort.
- Blankets may be helpful in providing a sense of comfort to quiet the mind.
- If it is comfortable for you, having your feet on the floor may help you feel grounded.
- You may sit or lay down, whichever is the most comfortable for you.
- Turn off any electronics that may be distracting.
- Background or ambient noise is not recommended. This only takes away from the experience.
- Try to intentionally keep your focus inward instead of on your surroundings.
- Ensure you have the time and space to commit to this experience. Do not listen while you are driving, operating any machines or are in the care of someone. If this is the case, save the meditation for another time.
- For a full inward journey, it is recommended to listen with your eyes closed.
- If you fall asleep, that’s okay. You may return to the meditation at another time.
- It’s normal to experience mind chatter. When you notice this, just gently bring your attention back to the experience.
- Bring an open mind to the experience. There is n right or wrong in this process. Try not to overanalyze or overthink the process too much. Whatever your mind visualizes is perfect for you in this moment.
- It is common to experience physical release during meditation as the subconscious mind regulates the physical body. For example, you may experience coughing, sneezing, temperature changes, knee jerks, head bobbing, etc.
- Relax and enjoy the process.
All the energy processes in this course are only intended to help empower you in letting go of what’s standing in the way of living your dream life. The strategies above are only suggestions to help give you the best possible platform for success in using these processes.
Dream Retreat Meditation: