Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
~ Mel Robbins
The Heart Chakra Influence
The highest expression of love is to allow others to be who they truly are with no judgments or no expectations, just freedom to be and to live as they choose. When we can do this we are in a state of allowing. Allowing life to unfold naturally frees everyone involved to behave and be as they truly are. In doing so, we are granted the same freedom to express our true authentic selves and that opens all doors to love.
You may have heard the saying that some people can bring out the worst or best in us depending on who they are. What might initially be character traits that attract us to an individual can soon turn into what annoys us most about them. In the beginning, it is easy to shine the light of goodness on someone with whom we have no disappointments or judgments. Over time though, through broken expectations and numerous disappointments, we might start to shine the light of judgment upon them instead. The end result is that we lose that feeling of being uplifted when we think about that individual and our hearts close down.
The very act of giving love ensures that you will be loved because love has to flow through you to be passed on to another. You will be filled up with it from the inside out and if practiced daily, you will never ‘need’ for love again. It is a level of mastery that fosters growth, expansion and deep love if it is practiced daily. True love demands that we take full responsibility for our own words, actions, and intentions and put love first.
– Excerpt from You Can Heal Your Chakras by Angela Strank
Bringing forgiveness into your daily life.
Everyday we invite you to take some time in the evening to review your day and see where you can forgive yourself and forgive others. Being human means that we all will make mistakes, and we are not always able to meet the various expectations of the people around us. So, forgiveness is a two-way street that frees up a lot of energy.
Forgiving yourself: Where in your day today could you have done better? Acknowledge your feelings and what you did, but leave judgement out of the equation. Look at the situation for what it is, own it, then apologize if need be. Be sure to acknowledge the lesson you learned from this situation that you can use moving forward, and then give yourself some grace. No one is perfect.
Some examples of times when you need to forgive yourself:
• You lost your patience with someone today.
• You were not available to a family member who needed you.
• You missed a deadline for a project.
• You made a mistake that lost you a client.
Forgiving others: Where in your day have you been let down or hurt by others? Again, acknowledge your feelings and what happened, but try not to judge the other person. See the situation objectively, admit your feelings about it, and speak up if you feel it’s appropriate. Be sure to acknowledge the lesson you learned from this situation that you can use moving forward, and give the other person some grace. We are all doing our best to navigate life.
Some examples of times when you need to forgive others:
• A friend let you down.
• A parent was not supportive of your dreams.
• Your supplier did not deliver as promised.
• A team member presented your idea and took credit.
Forgiveness Activation Process
Awakening Individual Affirmations:
- I forgive myself and others. I am free.
- I deeply and completely love and forgive myself.
- I love and forgive __________ (person’s name.)
- I choose not to take things personally.
- If others choose to act out of integrity, it is not my responsibility.
- I forgive those who have wronged me.
- I forgive my parents for not supporting my dreams.
- I release all resentment and choose to live in peace.
- I let others be who they are which frees me to be who I am.
- Everyone I meet has something valuable to teach me.
- Patience, understanding and compassion comes naturally to me.
- I see life with loving eyes. There is beauty all around me.
- I open my heart to life.
Enlightened Entrepreneur Affirmations:
- I take full responsibility for my business and make choices to help it grow.
- I forgive my past and embrace my future.
- Mistakes are a natural part of the entrepreneurial journey.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I am grateful for all lessons learned.
- I forgive myself for all the times I held myself back. I now choose to step into my success.
- It has taken me as long as it’s taken me. I am grateful to be where I am at today.
- I forgive my teachers/educators/parents for misguiding me on my life path.
- I forgive myself for wanting to pursue my career goals instead of staying home to look after my children.
- I let go of the past.
- All doors are opening for me now.
- I bring joy, love and gratitude to my work.
Yoga Postures to open the Heart Chakra
We invite you to repeat your favourite heart chakra affirmation while holding the following yoga poses. Doing so will create a strong connection between your body and mind. Repeat the affirmations out loud or quietly to yourself while holding the postures.
Standing Backbend: Stand with feet hip width apart. Inhale and extend your hands upward, clasping your fingers together, palms touching. As you exhale, engage your core muscles and lean your torso backward and extending your hips forward. Be mindful of your lower back in this posture, and back off if you feel any pinching in the back.
Dancer Pose: Stand in Tadasana (Mountain Pose). Inhale, shift your weight onto your right foot, and lift your left heel toward your left buttock as you bend the knee. Press the head of your right thigh bone back, deep into the hip joint, and pull the knee cap up to keep the standing leg straight and strong.
Reach back with your left hand and grasp the outside of your left foot or ankle. To avoid compression in your lower back, actively lift your pubis toward your navel, and at the same time, press your tailbone toward the floor.
Begin to lift your left foot up, away from the floor, and back, away from your torso. Extend the left thigh behind you and parallel to the floor. Stretch your right arm forward, in front of your torso, parallel to the floor.
After you have completed the poses, practice being still by going into quiet mind. This is a time to let your mind be open to transformation. Any time your mind starts to wander, just simply bring it back by saying one of the affirmations above again, then return your awareness to quiet mind. After a few minutes of quiet mind, you may slowly bring your attention back to your surroundings and prepare to move on to the next chapter.